10 May, 2012

Bent

I have been trying to improve my mood for the past two weeks, but sometimes getting angry is what is both easiest and most immediate. But that is not a sufficient justification for my ill humor; instead I should balance my rage with something positive. Therefore, I offer up this metaphorical scale of something I like and dislike for your consideration.

On the side of extreme dislike, I offer Bryan Fischer. This homophobic, inarticulate, erroneous, and silly excuse for a public figure should make anyone who resides in America and cares about factual statements, accountability, and intelligence pause. Better yet, he ought to be shunned entirely for saying the things he does. If you doubt me then check this clip from The Daily Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTVMKERBeuA
Incidentally, I laud The Daily Show for sending up Fischer so cleverly.

Fischer's side of the scale is balanced by the humorous folk at ChristWire for mocking the ridiculous thinking of the religious right with satire. ChristWire offers its visitors a video containing many evangelically oriented euphemisms for lady parts (http://jezebel.com/5858562/finally-some-christian+friendly-words-for-your-vagina?tag=ladyparts), and below are my euphemisms for the male member with a similar evangelical slant:
The one tined pitchfork
A sin sceptre
The sick muscle
The devil's spyglass
A devil's digit
The rooster pole
The obelisk of temptation
The pillar of persuasion
An unholy clam stick
The unclean fishing rod
A pillow prodder
The serpent's tongue
Beezelbub's broomstick
A passion pillar


No comments:

Post a Comment